Sunday, September 13, 2009

________ + pasta = good

I haven't had much to really post about, seeing as I have been sitting in orientation sessions for the past 2 weeeks and haven't traveled anywhere since Pisa. I've been spending most of time getting to know Florence/Firenze and trying to figure out the good and the bad places to do my everyday things.

One thing has not changed. While living with a window that overlooks a piazza is quite nice sometimes (i.e. this morning when I woke up and there was a street fair going on), the noise at night is relentless. I just try to drown it out with simplynoise.com (a white noise thingy) because its cheaper than sleeping pills.

Classes start tomorrow and my guess is they're going to be pretty intense, but I'm looking forward to is regardless. Oooo next weekend me and few other people in the program made reservations to visit Cinque Terre (as everyone, especially John Heiner has advised me to do) to go hiking/beach lounging. I'll let you know what it's like after I go of course, but here's a preview of it:



I have also discovered the art of the international drunk dial, as many of you are probably aware. Based on the correlation of the time difference and my sociability, it really has worked out quite well. Thanks Skype! Other things I have discovered to be nice: tuna in pasta, €1.69 liters of wine, linen pants, deli-turkey in pasta, the town of Fiesole, wizzair.com, green beans in pasta, well really anything in pasta that is cheap...

I guess that is it for now, but do not worry, I am slowly collecting postcards to send to everyone as long as you have given me your address. (if not just put it in the comment box below here)

PREVIEW: I am going to Venice, Prague, Bratislava and Budapest for fall break. Trying to finalize plans and book everything tomorrow. If you have any advice, throw it at me.

Miss everyone!

3 comments:

brett baker said...

i love your drunk dials. keep 'em comin. miss you to death.

brett baker said...

also, simplynoise.com sounds almost as good as stealing a vortex.

Britt said...

Hey Seth! In Prague, I'd recommend staying in the Golden Sickle. It was cheap and clean :)